Whether you rent a house or an apartment, you will need to protect your personal property and insure against others’ claims of damage or injury.
Here in Timonium, Maryland at the William M. Sparks Insurance Agency, we can help you understand your options and responsibilities as a tenant and walk you through making the renters coverage choices for your personal property whether you live in Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA) or Pennsylvania (PA).
Renters (or Tenants) insurance is your financial protection from destruction or loss of your possessions or for personal liability claims brought by others.
Renters Coverage – Policy Features
A renter insurance policy provides the following types of coverage:
- Personal property coverage protects your belongings against loss or against damage in your home or elsewhere.
- Personal liability covers claims brought against you by others for their bodily injury or damaged property occurring at your home or elsewhere when you, your covered family members or your household pets are at fault.
- Loss of use covers your additional living expenses if/when you are forced to live elsewhere while your home is repaired/rebuilt after a covered peril loss.
All Renters Policies are not Alike.
You may purchase coverage with two different valuation methods:
- Actual cash value reimburses the full value of your lost/damaged possessions up to the limit of your policy after deduction for depreciation.
- Replacement cost does not deduct for depreciation.
Optional Renters Insurance Coverages
As a tenant, your renters insurance policy may be tailored to respond to your specialized needs by adding optional coverages such as:
- Sewer or Drain back-up coverage
- Earthquake coverage
Our capable agents here at the Sparks Insurance Agency have experience with renters insurance; and with their help, you can learn more about available discounts and coverage choices to create just the right policy for your needs. So why not contact us today to discuss how we can help or get a free quote.
The scope of your insurance coverage and options depend entirely upon the policy and the insurance company providing it. This website is not intended to advise, offer or bind coverage. You should always discuss your insurance issues with professionals such as a licensed and qualified insurance agent like those at the William M. Sparks Insurance Agency before making any decisions or choosing a course of action.