• Share This

You Won't Believe What Caused This Home Fire

Dave and Janet Miller’s home near Denver. Colorado was destroyed by fire. Following that ordeal, they have been motivated to share the lessons they learned during the experience. In their video, you’ll see how an everyday 9-volt battery was actually responsible for this fire. The devastation which began in the garage quickly spread to the inside of the home, and dangerous thick black smoke penetrated throughout. It left extensive damage in every room. Dave was able to escape along with his pets, but it was a close call.

This family is sharing this story to alert you to the potential for something as seemingly harmless as a 9-volt battery to cause a raging fire and put a family out of their home.

Watch the video (6:26) for all the details.

{youtube}OSJH21WmALc{/youtube}

Video Note: You will hear loud beeps that might seem that your own smoke detectors are sounding. However, rest assured that it is sound from the video. Because the power had been turned off, the remaining smoke detectors in the Miller’s house were beeping periodically.

Homeowners Insurance Tip

You might be wondering whether your homeowners insurance would cover the replacement of your home and all your belongings in the event that your home were to be destroyed by fire. Unsure of your coverage? Then we encourage you to meet with your insurance agent for a homeowners insurance policy review so that you know what protection you now have. If needed, your agent can help you explore your options if you need to make changes.

Here at the Sparks Insurance Agency, our agents help residents of Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania, each day to understand their insurance coverage. We would welcome the chance to do the same for you. Why not contact our office at your convenience?

 

Tuesday, 18 March 2014 09:48

referral button